Saturday, June 5, 2010

May

Hi Everybody,

Thanks to those of you who continue reading my blog. I really appreciate it. I know, it's gone on quite a bit longer than my original plan of coming to Africa for 1 year. But God has His own plans, much better plans than what we can dream up. Having said that, I feel like I've gained a bit of clarity on my future. I have decided that I will be leaving Cape Town at the end of June. I believe it's God leading me on, and that almost everything has been accomplished here that was supposed to be.

Funny enough I am STILL waiting to hear back from the schools I've applied to, but I feel confident that God has spoken to me about getting into one of them and that now is the right time to move on. As a part of that, since last year, I have felt God putting the countries of India, Bangladesh, and Myanmar on my heart. His pointing to these countries has intensified this year and has also caught the heart of a few of my Cape Town friends. We're not quite sure yet what God has in store for us there, but we are certain that He has told us to go there for July. So we will be leaving June 29th for those countries and seeing what God has planned there. We have made some contacts there and will backpack our way around, before leaving to return to The USA on Aug 1st!

It's all starting to set in that I'm actually leaving after such a long time here, but I feel at peace that this is the right time. It will be sad in some way as the next few weeks will just be a matter of wrapping up my life in Cape Town, saying goodbye to friends, and finishing out an amazing few years here. I couldn't have asked for a more full, diverse, and amazing experience than what I've received here. Because nothing is definite with school yet, I am basically walking in faith that this is the right thing and that the door will open. So please pray for 1) My transition time 2) Our trip to Asia 3) The door to open to school. Thanks for reading and praying.
Love -Ryan